The purpose of this assignment is to assess your understanding of various disease processes, treatment options, how the outcomes of different pathologic conditions affect quality of life, and whether or not the drugs used to treat different diseases have any bad effects or side effects. By doing this assignment, the student will meet a number of learning goals, which are listed in the “Instructions” section below.and any adverse effects or side effects of drugs used to treat various diseases. By completing this assignment, the student will be meeting the multiple learning objectives listed below in the “Instructions.”
Complete the following steps: Considering the following 3 conditions:
1 – Parkinson’s disease
2- Spinal stenosis disease
3- Breast cancer
• Analyze each of the conditions you chose by:
1. Verifying the etiology of each condition.
2. Fully describe the conditions.
3. Identifying the implications of the condition on different body systems.
• Identify the various pharmacological treatment options by:
1. Describing the various pharmacological treatment options for each condition.
2. Identifying the application and route for each treatment option.
3. Define the drug classification for each treatment option (ie. Opioid, Antibiotic, ACE Inhibitor, etc.).
4. Explaining side effects (secondary unwanted effect that occurs due to drug therapy) of each drug.
5. Identifying any adverse reactions (unintended pharmacologic effects that occur when a medication is administered correctly) for each drug.
• Analyze the outcomes of the conditions you chose and how they affect the patient’s quality of life.
Reference: Pathopharmacology, Bruce J Colbert MS, RRT / Kurtis Pierce MBA, RRT – essay writers